Sunday, June 9, 2019
Oak Canyon Private Park
We are excited to host over 120 families for a “cancer-free” afternoon outside of the hospital walls with carnival-style fun – perfect environment to kick off summer memories! If you have submitted an RSVP online, over the phone or by mail – we will have you and your guests names ready at Registration. If you haven’t RSVP’d, that’s OK. Join us anyways! It’s never too late to join in on the fun.
5 Tips for a perfect day:
- Have your directions ready! Did you know there are two Oak Canyon Parks? To make sure you don’t get lost, click here for Google Maps directions. This will take you all the way to the turn off on the main road. There will be signs to direct you to the park entrance. You can also use this map for reference.
- Be ready for an adventure! There is going to be so much fun for everyone. Arriving early will give you and your littles a chance to enjoy everything this event has to offer.
- Cell network is low at the park. It will be a great opportunity to unplug and enjoy the outdoors with family! But if you need to get in touch with friends you are meeting, we want to remind you that there will be little-to no reception once you turn off the main road.
- Grab your lunch early! In-N-Out is providing meals to all our families from 11:00 am – 1:30 pm. So be sure to head on over to their truck before it’s time for them to head out.
- Gather around for the Flight of Doves. Our very special dove release will be at 2:30 pm. There is still time to make a $20 tribute gift and have a dove on display for your cancer warrior. You can donate online or at the event.
This fun-filled day could not be done without the dedication of our Event Chair, Kim Weiner, the help of our local National Charity Leagues, the generosity of In-N-Out Burger and all who helped sponsor this special event for kids in the battle of their lives.
Schedule of Events
- 11:00am – Registration opens
- 11:30am – Live country music with Sterling Sylver Band
- Enjoy activities all day
- Game booths ran by National Charity League volunteers
- Delicious hamburgers thanks to In-N-Out Burger
- Beauty Services provided by Beauty Bus and Concerned Foundation
- Special Crafts hosted by MaxLove Project
- Water color butterflies with PCRF artists
- Petting Zoo and Pony rides
- Face painting, balloon animals, fishing, rides, and more!
- 1:30pm – In-N-Out Burger truck closes
- 2:00pm – Raffle with Great Prizes
- 2:30pm – Dove Release
- The Flight of Doves is to honor and remember loved ones in all stages of their journey
- Make a Tribute Dove donation today, click here.