Sunday, June 9, 2019
Oak Canyon Private Park
Please mark your calendars for the 26th annual Western Roundup event! This event is PCRF’s only “FUN”-raiser exclusively for oncology patients and their families. We are excited to provide over 200 cancer families with a “cancer-free” afternoon outside of the hospital walls with carnival rides, game booths, petting zoo, pony rides, fishing, arts and crafts, and more! Here’s a look at last year’s exciting activities:
- Live country music and country line dancing with Sterling Sylver
- Fun photo booth thanks to Socialite Photo
- Gardening tutorial thanks to Tenfold Harvest
- Special Crafts hosted by MaxLove Project
- Delicious hamburgers thanks to In-N-Out Burger
- Game booths ran by National Charity League volunteers
- Fun Patrol was out thanks to Dave & Buster’s in Irvine
- Petting Zoo and Pony rides with Patty’s Ponies
- Face painting, balloon animals, fishing, rides, and more with help from our friends at James Event Productions!
Before the day is complete, our ceremonial Flight of the Doves will take place to honor and remember loved ones in all stages of their journey: some who are just starting their treatment, others who are in remission and are survivors, as well as remembering those lost. Oncology patients and parents helped release the doves one by one, as we exclaim “HOPE!” with each release. It is a beautiful and inspiring sight to see for all those present.
This fun-filled day could not be done without the dedication of our Event Chair, Kim Weiner, the help of our local National Charity Leagues, the generosity of In-N-Out Burger and all who helped sponsor this special event for kids in the battle of their lives.