OAK CANYON PRIVATE PARK
This year we celebrated 25 years of hosting Southern California oncology families at our Western Roundup event! Families enjoyed a “cancer-free” afternoon outside of the hospital walls with carnival game booths, rides, arts and crafts, and more! Kids were given an Adventure Map showing them all the experiences this special anniversary year had to offer,
– Live country music and country line dancing with Sterling Sylver
– Fun photo booth thanks to Socialite Photo
– Gardening tutorial thanks to Tenfold Harvest
– Special Crafts hosted by MaxLove Project
– Delicious hamburgers thanks to In-N-Out Burger
– Game booths ran by National Charity League volunteers
– Fun Patrol was out thanks to Dave & Buster’s in Irvine
– Petting Zoo and Pony rides with Patty’s Ponies
– Face painting, balloon animals, fishing, rides and more with help from our friends at James Event Productions!
Before the day was through, our ceremonial Flight of the Doves took place to honor and remember loved ones in all stages of their journey: some who are just starting their treatment, others who are in remission and are survivors, as well as remembering those lost. Oncology patients and parents helped release the doves one by one, as we exclaimed “HOPE!” with each release. It was a beautiful and inspiring sight to see for all those present.
This fun-filled day could not be done without the dedication of our Event Chair, Kim Weiner, the help of our local National Charity Leagues, the generosity of In-N-Out Burger and all who helped sponsor this special event for kids in the battle of their lives.
Request an Invitation for 2019
Are you part of an oncology family, or know someone who is? We would love to make sure you or someone you know receives an invitation by mail for next year’s event! Contact our offices to receive an invitation: (949) 859-6312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wings of Hope
It’s never to late to make a tribute donation in honor or in memory of a loved one through our Wings of Hope. To make your $20 tribute gift, click the link below.
Western Roundup Underwriting & Raffle Donations
PCRF is always looking for supporters to help underwrite the costs associated with hosting as oncology families from all over Southern California. Your support can provide a cancer patient and their family with new, happy memories outside the hospital walls. If you would like to become an Underwriter for this special event, there are ways to help!
- Underwriting dollars help provide attractions, rides, game booths, face painters, petting zoo, arts and crafts, and more!
- In-Kind Avenues would allow your company to donate goods or services to the event like, raffle prizes, photography, food or snack items, decorations, etc.
- Sponsor a family to attend – or host 5 families, or even 10 families!
With packages of all sizes, you or your organization can help play a part in providing a cancer patient and their family with a fun-filled day full of amazing memories.